Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yo Adrienne! - A trip to Philly

A co-worker and I had the opportunity to take a business trip to Philadelphia recently and we of course made a point to eat well while we were there.  A search of Yelp reviews led me to Barbuzzo, a restaurant serving small Mediterranean-inspired plates, so we went there for a late dinner when we got into town.  The food was amazing!  We sampled the sheep's milk ricotta on country bread, the pan-seared Brussels sprouts with pancetta and bread crumbs, and the heirloom squash and Gorgonzola angolotti.  Everything was fresh and delicious and I can't wait to go back.  Unfortunately I don't have pictures because the lighting was low, but that was part of the great ambiance. 

We also had gelato, not once but twice, from Capogiro, which has several locations in the city.  The servers allow you to try anything you want, very generously, and every flavor is fantastic so it could be hard to make up your mind.  My favorites were Burnt Sugar and Cioccolato Scuro, a very rich and dark chocolate.  Next time I'm in town, a trip to Capogiro will be a must!



No comments:

Post a Comment